Are you planning on buying your first BMX bike, but you don’t know the brand to get quality bikes from? Look no further because this blog post talks about the best BMX bike brands in the world. BMX bikes are fun, and their unique features have made them every rider’s dream bike. They are fast, lightweight, and durable, which explains why they are used for tricks and stunts.
Due to the growing popularity of BMXing, many brands are now producing BMX bikes, which might make it difficult for you to select the right brand for yourself. This is why we compiled the top brands for kids and adults in 2022. So, read on to learn about these brands before purchasing your BMX bike.
Top 10 Best BMX Bike Brands
Have you heard about Diamondback BMX bikes? If not, you’ve been missing out on the current craze. This brand is known for producing quality and durable bikes. They were established in 1977, making them one of the oldest brands in the industry. The best part of Diamondback BMX bikes is that their parts are easily accessible, so you should not be concerned about finding them in your city.
- Founded: in 1977 by Western State Imports in Newbury Park, California.
- Products: BMX, road bikes, mountain bikes, women’s bikes, kid’s bikes, and many others.
- Ideal for: kids, adults, freestyle, street, and flatland BMX riding.
Advantages of Diamondback BMX Bikes
- They are not expensive.
- They design sturdy and durable frames.
- The components are not hard to find.
- You can easily assemble the parts.
- They have good warranties and return policies. This means you can return your BMX bike if you find any fault in them.
- They have products for beginners, intermediate and expert riders.
- They weigh more than other bikes.
Mongoose is arguably the best BMX bike brand of all time. They are known for making quality BMX and mountain bikes. They were founded in 1974, and Dorel industries now own it.
- Founded: in 1974 by Skip Hikes in California, the brand is 46 years old today.
- Products: BMX, mountain, and road bikes.
- Ideal for: kids, adults, freestyle, and race BMX riding.
Advantages of Mongoose brand BMX bikes
- They are lightweight and comfortable.
- They have advanced designs.
- They have different models that are suitable for all types of BMX riders.
- They have top-quality bikes that are easy to assemble.
- They are more expensive than other brands.
The history of Kent dates back to the early 90s when Abraham Kamler, a US immigrant, began to fix bikes to earn a living in New York City. As time passed, he opened a small shop and started making his bike in 1909.
Seeing that this business was expanding, Abraham decided to leave his small shop and move to Newark in New Jersey. The company was initially called Philkam Cycle, but he changed the name to Kent in 1947. Since then, they have produced 1st class bikes and are the second largest bike manufacturer worldwide.
- Founded: in 1909 by Abraham Kalmer in New York City but is now located in Parsippany, New Jersey.
- Products: BMX and mountain bikes, and they recently introduced their first electric bike for kids.
- Ideal for: women, children, and adults.
Advantages of Kent brand bikes
- They are stylish and attractive.
- They are very affordable.
- They are easy to use.
- They are durable and support almost all riders.
- Nothing in specific
This is another popular brand in the industry, and they made their name by producing affordable quality bikes. It was founded in 1993, and Elite BMX bikes are most riders’ first choice because they are easy to control.
- Founded: in 1993 by David Greenfield and Richie Cortez in Philadelphia.
- Products: BMX, road, triathlon, and TT bikes
- Ideal for: kids, adults, and freestyle BMX riding.
Advantages of Elite brand BMX bikes
- They are available in different color options.
- The bikes are easy to assemble.
- They are designed with strong materials.
- They have stylish designs.
- The brand has various models that are suitable for different ages and heights.
- They offer a good warranty, and their bikes are not expensive.
- Elite bikes are comfortable to ride.
- Their bikes are slightly heavy.
- It sometimes needs upgrading because some components like the tires, handlebars, and cranksets are low-end.
- Most customers complain that it is poorly assembled and some parts are missing from the bike.
This brand is ideal for kids, so if you are looking for the best bike for your child, we suggest you go for this brand. They are comfortable and easy to ride, just like any kid would want. The brand was founded by a father and son: Jake and Mike. They started to sell youth bikes and any bike designed specifically for kids. Though the brand focuses on children, do not underestimate the quality of their bikes because they are made with sturdy frames, just like an adult bikes.
- Founded: in 1989 by Jake and Mike.
- Products: BMX bikes.
- Ideal for: kids.
Advantages of Brave brand BMX bikes
- The bikes have comfortable seats and cool adjustments.
- They have reasonable prices and amazing features.
- They are easy to control and ideal for kids.
- Nothing for now.
Mafia is one of the newest BMX bike brands in the industry. They have been in the business for 13 years and are known for producing high-quality entry and intermediate-level BMX bikes. The UK-based brand rose to prominence by making inexpensive bikes with top-notch performance for riders all around the world.
- Founded: in 2009 by Mac Ferrari Guy.
- Products: BMX, road, mountain, and wheelie bikes.
- Ideal for: kids, adults, and freestyle riding.
Advantages of Mafia brand BMX bikes
- Their bikes have modern designs and are affordable.
- They produce bikes that are made of durable materials.
- Their bikes are customizable and available in different models.
- They are not comfortable for road bikes.
Ever since the inception of Redline in 1970, the brand has maintained a top position in the bike industry. They make bikes for both amateur and professional freestyle and race riders. They are reliable and consistently offer high-quality products across all categories.
- Founded: in 1970 by Linn Kastan and Mike Konle in Chatsworth, California.
- Products: BMX, cyclocross, mountain, and road bikes.
- Ideal for: kids, adults, freestyle, and racing at BMX tracks.
Advantages of Redline brand BMX bikes
- They are very lightweight and fast.
- They are ideal for races and competitions.
- The bikes are durable and comfortable to ride.
- They are not expensive and provide excellent performance.
- They have hard seats.
Eastern BMX bikes are a great fit for beginners. This is because they are easy to control and offer standards that suit entry-level riders. They have been in the bike industry for over 20 years and have maintained the reputation of producing top-quality bikes with options for starters, intermediate, and professionals.
One of the good things about Eastern BMX bikes is that there are various options for all riders, so you don’t need to worry about finding one that fits your riding style.
- Founded: in 1996 by Jon Byers and Mike Corley in North Carolina.
- Products: BMX, mountain, and leisure bikes.
- Ideal for: beginners and smaller riders.
Advantages of Eastern brand BMX bikes
- They are affordable and ideal for beginners.
- The bikes are smooth and have different models for each rider.
- They provide high-quality bikes.
- Nothing specific
This brand became popular right after it was launched in 2000 because of its unique razor scooter that got the public’s attention. At first, they only produced scooters but needed to expand as time passed, so they joined the BMX community. Today they are making top-quality bikes, and people love them for their services.
- Founded: in 2000 by Carlton Calvin in Cerritos, California.
- Products: Scooter and BMX bikes.
- Ideal for: kids and adults.
Advantages of Razor brand BMX bikes
- They build robust bikes with comfortable seats.
- They are cost-effective and last long.
- The bikes are flexible and easy to ride.
- They are difficult for taller people to ride.
GT bikes have been around since the 1970s and are known for producing high-quality and affordable bikes. Today many people believe they are the best BMX bike manufacturers in the freestyle world and have models suitable for entry-level, intermediate, and expert riders.
- Founded: in 1972 by Gary Turner and Richard Long in Santa Ana, California.
- Products: BMX, mountain, and road bikes.
- Ideal for: kids and adults.
Advantages of GT BMX bike brands
- They are the best for freestyle bikes.
- They are super lightweight and easy to ride.
- They are designed with durable materials.
- The brand has no flaws for now.
Buyers Guide for BMX Brands
Despite many manufacturers producing quality BMX bikes, it is important to know how to select the ideal brand for yourself. Hopefully, the information provided below will point you in the right direction.
Stay Away From Cheap Manufacturers BMX Bike Brands
You should be aware that anything cheap doesn’t last long. This applies to anything we buy, including building materials, gadgets, and cooking utensils. BMX bikes are made for air stunts and rough rides, so buying a cheap one will only raise your risk of suffering severe injuries.
Always Check for Customer Reviews Before Buying a BMX Bike
The easiest way to know if a top BMX brands produces top bike quality as they claim is to check the customer reviews. This will help you in picking the ideal bike for your needs.
Go for Bikes That Suits Your Style and Size
It is essential that you go for size bikes that suit your riding style because this can affect your performance. So, if you prefer riding on dirt tracks or skateparks, you should always go for one that fits that style.
These are some of the industry’s top BMX brands and are all renowned for creating top-quality bikes, so you can trust their products. However, you should also look at customer reviews before purchasing from any brand to ensure you are on the right path.